Is there anything you can do to increase the chances of having a baby when using donor eggs?
When having fertility treatment with donor eggs at Manchester Fertility, you’re in our capable and experienced hands. We’re a specialist clinic for this type of treatment, offering a comprehensive and supported journey using UK donor eggs from our own donor programme.
But there’s still lots you can do – and that we will do – to maximise the likelihood of pregnancy from your cycle.
Maximising donor eggs pregnancy chances: What we do
Achieving pregnancy using donor eggs involves three main crucial factors: Quality donor eggs, creating quality embryos and making sure your body is ready for pregnancy as it would be naturally.
We optimise your chances of successful treatment by:
- Finding you a suitable egg donor: Successful treatment starts with quality donor eggs. All our egg donors are healthy, fertile young women aged 18-35.
- Creating quality embryos: Embryo development relies on quality sperm too. If there are any issues with your partner’s sperm such as a poor sperm mobility or low sperm count, we can use a refinement of IVF called ICSI. We may also recommend performing sperm DNA damage testing.
- Choosing the best embryo: We use advanced time-lapse video embryo selection or standard culture to identify the embryos with the highest potential for pregnancy, developing suitable embryos to blastocyst stage free of charge.
- Preparing your body for pregnancy: We use bespoke doses of the fertility hormones you would naturally produce in conception, so your uterus is ideal for embryo transfer and pregnancy.
- Timing your transfer: Your transfer is precisely timed so your embryo has the best chance of implantation. If you’ve had failed cycles, we can use advanced genetic testing to determine your personal ‘implantation window’. We also use EmbryoGlue for your transfer at no cost to you, which helps your embryo adhere to your uterus.
- Post-transfer care: You’ll receive further tailored medication support post-transfer, using the same hormones which are produced by the body in the earliest days of pregnancy.
Successful donor eggs pregnancy: What you can do
Making sure your body is healthy for pregnancy is one of the biggest factors that’s within your control.
To give yourself the best chance of pregnancy using donor eggs, in advance of treatment starting you can:
- Eat well: Nutrition matters when you’re trying for a baby. Boost up your intake of essential pregnancy vitamins and minerals including folic acid.
- Watch your BMI:Get your BMI to within normal limits if it’s too high or too low, before treatment starts. BMI affects fertility, conception and pregnancy no matter how you’re trying for a baby.
- Overhaul your lifestyle: Quit smoking and drinking alcohol in the months before treatment.
Lifestyle, diet and BMI matters for your partner too if you’re using his sperm in treatment. Read our Ready for Treatment guide to find out more.
Start treatment with donor eggs
Talk to our dedicated Donation Team on 0845 268 2244 to explore treatment with UK donor eggs with us, together with your funding choices for treatment which include traditional transparent fees; a Refund Plan and Frozen Donor Eggs Multi-Cycle Plan.
You can also self-refer here and we’ll be in touch.
Last updated: 20th January 2020