Possible Hydrosalpinx

I have currently had one failed FET and my last scan showed fluid in my uterus. The nurse who scanned me said it didn't look like hydrosalpinx but the doc said it is and wants to take my tube out with laparoscopy. Would a hsg be recommended before undergoing this op?
Thanks, helen (30 yrs)

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 6 years, 8 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

Hi Helen, HSG could possibly be recommended, but usually a good ultrasound scan can identify a swollen tube and laparoscopy is the only definitive way to confirm if it is present.

Also at the laparoscopy you can remove or clip off the tube if it is swollen to help improve the chances of IVF being successful.

We hope this helps answer your question. If you would like to discuss this matter further with our team, please do call us on 0161 300 2737 to discussing arranging a consultation.