Fertility treatment - gonadotrophin injection with clomid?

I'm 40 years, have two kids, the youngest one is 4 years. I have been trying to get pregnant for the last two years. My tubes are open. My doctor gave me clomophine tablets100mg but there was no response. Then he put me on 150mg which help me to ovulate in two sequence months, then on the third month I failed to ovulate with very low progesterone level. Is it possible for me to have gonadotrophin injection with clomid?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 12 years, 4 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

My advice to you is to have a test for AMH (Anti Mullerian Hormone) which will give an indication of your ovarian reserve. The AMH result can then determine the most effective treatment to help you achieve a pregnancy.