Sterilisation reversal or egg donor

I'm a 37 year old woman with 3 teenage sons. I was sterilised 15 years ago. What can be done to help have a fourth child?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 8 years, 10 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

The options available to you are either IVF or tubal surgery to reverse your sterilisation. Before you decide I would advise you and your partner to have a fertility MOT. From this the doctor will be able to advise you which treatment to choose.