Retrograde ejaculation

Do you treat retrograde ejaculation? My partner suffers from this condition, what could be done by your Hospital? Also I am currently under the NHS and have just had a failed 2nd cycle. I have one attempt left, how easy would it be to get transferred over to you?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 2 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

There are medical treatments available which may improve the condition. I would advise you to see a Consultant Urologist for further information. Alternatively, you could come to Manchester Fertility and we can attempt to extract the sperm from your partner’s urine and if the sperm are good quality and motile it is possible to freeze these samples for use in IVF. You may be able to transfer your NHS funding to us. Please contact our Patient Advisors for more information.