My husband has been diagnosed with panhypopituitarism and has low LH and FSH. We desperately would like a baby and wondered if there was any treatment for it. Would there be any treatments we could go for and what would be the best option please?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 5 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

Your husband should be under the long term care of a specialist endocrinologist. There are treatments which can induce sperm production and your consultant should be able to advice you. Once he has had treatment then it would be worth having a semen analysis and then we can see if IVF and ICSI is an option for you. Alternatively you could have treatment with donor sperm which is also available at Manchester Fertility.