HSG test

I had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease approx 10 yrs ago and I'm now trying to get pregnant. Do you offer the HSG test to check my fallopian tubes have not been damaged by scar tissue? Thank you, Helena (35yrs).

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 9 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

AHSG can be arranged for you either here at the Bridgewater Hospital or at Spire Manchester.  It may be more appropriate for you to have a laparoscopy for proper assessment of your tubes and this can also be arranged through Manchester Fertility.