Assisted conception

I am 36 years old and my husband 37 years. We have been told that my husband has got poor sperm quality but I am ovulating good. Our gynaecologist suggested that we definetly need assisted conception but as we already have a 6 year old child, we are not eligible for NHS funding. He also mentioned that Trafford PCT sometimes give funding for one cycle but I'm not sure if this is the case. Do you have any idea? Also, I checked your fee online, we had all our investigations already, if we are looking for IVF/ICSI what's the procedure now? Thanks

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 3 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

It is unlikely that you will be eligible for NHS treatment if you already have a child but you will need to check the rules with your local PCT. Manchester Fertility can provide you with the appropriate treatment to help you conceive. If you have had all your investigations then our Patient Advisors can work out the reduction in the fee for you.