Best way forward

I have been seeing a gynaecologist for over a year now she said the problem is 'probably endometriosis'. I have been trying to conceive for over a year with no luck, what should I do next?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 7 years, 3 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

It really depends on how moderate or severe your endometriosos is, have you been diagnosed with this (you mention that your GP says 'probably')? Severe cases of endometriosos may present scarring that can prevent the egg from entering the fallopian tube. Mild and minimal endometriosis are also associated with infertility, so all women with endometriosis need to consider the impact endometriosis may have on their fertility.You may benefits from a 'Fertility MOT' which provides a way for you to monitor your fertility levels and predict your chances of successful pregnancies in future. There’s no need for a GP referral – simply call us and refer yourself on 0161 300 2737 for a brief chat with a member of our friendly team.