For over 25 years we’ve been helping same-sex couples become parents, and this year we got the chance to meet more would-be mums and dads at the Alternative Families Show in London.
The event in Covent Garden was designed to demystify the process of starting a family and it attracted hundreds of same-sex couples from across the UK who wanted to make informed choices on parenthood.
Our years of experience means we have insight, knowledge and understanding into the unique needs of same-sex couples who wish to have children of their own.
And through the Alternative Families Show we were able to get that message out to many more couples who need our help. Our team enjoyed meeting people face-to-face at our dedicated stand, to discuss the different treatment options we offer which include:
- IUI with donor sperm – no waiting list, all donors HFEA-registered and from the UK
- Egg-sharing – become an egg donor and receive cheaper IVF with donor sperm
- Guidance through surrogacy and treatment
- Mini Fertility MOTs for both you and your partner – find out your fertility status
- Full counselling to help you understand your treatment implications
Lynnsey McHugh, Unit Director of Manchester Fertility, says: “One of the most satisfying aspects of attending the show was the fact that we were able to reassure couples that we only ever give our patients the most appropriate treatment for their needs, with fully-costed treatment plans explained in an open and honest way by our expert team.
“It’s crucial that people fully understand their treatment and it was good to see so many couples assured that our team will be with them every step of their journey if they decide to start their family with us.”
Last updated: 29th September 2011