Are you a healthy man aged between 18 and 45? Leading fertility clinic Manchester Fertility needs your help so more people achieve their dream of a family.
The clinic, based at the Cheadle Royal in Mancheser, is appealing for more men to consider being sperm donors to meet an increase in demand, following a rise in the number of single women and same-sex patients seeking their help to get pregnant, along with patients who suffer from sperm disorders.
Manchester Fertility has a dedicated donor recruitment website, www.manchesterdonors.com, where potential donors can find out more about what’s involved and apply online without obligation.
Professor Brian Lieberman, founder of Manchester Fertility, says: “It’s great news that more single women and same-sex couples are coming to us for treatment, it means the message is getting through that licensed fertility clinics such as ours – rather than internet sites which offer sperm - are the only safe option when you need to use donor sperm to have a family.
“But in line with the increase in enquiries we’re getting, we need more men to consider being sperm donors. We don’t have a waiting list for treatment with donor sperm, all of our donors are from the UK so it’s important that we keep the number of sperm donor applications high so everyone can get the help they need.
“If you’re a healthy male with no serious medical history, then you could be a sperm donor. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already had children, or are currently single and don’t have a family yet.
“Filling in the application form is only a few minutes of your time but it could lead to you changing someone’s life.”
ENDS August 2011
Notes to editors:
- Manchester Fertility, based in Manchester city centre, has over 25 years experience in treating all forms of infertility and is now one of the UK’s leading private infertility clinics
- Over 3,500 babies have been born to date thanks to the expertise of the team which includes embryologists, andrologists, urologists, consultants and counsellors, many of whom are leaders in their field
- Manchester Fertility treats all patients who need help to get pregnant, including single women and same-sex couples
- It has its own successful dedicated egg and sperm donor recruitment programme www.manchesterdonors.com – the clinic has no waiting lists for donor sperm and all donors are from the UK
- Treatments at Manchester Fertility include IVF, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), egg-sharing, egg-freezing, sperm-freezing, intrauterine insemination, treatment using donor eggs and guidance with surrogacy
- Success rate for IVF patients who had blastocyst transfer in 2010 was 50%
- In a recent patient satisfaction survey, 100% of patients felt they had been treated with dignity and respect during their treatment at Manchester Fertility
- Manchester Fertility’ consultants work with patients to decide the best treatment option in an open, honest and transparent way – patients will only ever receive the treatment best suited to them and their unique needs; all costs are communicated clearly to patients with no ‘hidden extras’
- Staff at the clinic are known for their personal, empathic approach and have a unique understanding of the ups and downs of fertility treatment thanks to years of experience in helping people overcome infertility
Last updated: 27th January 2020