Breakthough product will be used at no extra cost to patients
Leading North West infertility clinic Manchester Fertility has become the first in the region to use a new breakthrough product which studies have shown helps improve the chances of pregnancy following infertility treatment.
EmbryoGlue encourages the successful implantation of embryos following IVF or ICSI treatment because it contains a high level of hyaluronan, a naturally-occurring molecule found in follicular, uterine and oviductal fluids in the body.
Embryos are placed into EmbryoGlue just prior to transfer and the high level of hyaluronan it contains helps the embryo to stick by increasing the adhesion of the embryo to the uterus.
Debbie Falconer, Principal Embryologist at Manchester Fertility, which is based at Cheadle Royal, says: “Once an embryo is transferred back into the uterus following IVF, you can never guarantee it will successfully implant for pregnancy.
“But thirteen separate scientific studies have concluded that the use of hyaluronan increases both clinical pregnancy rates and, crucially, live birth rates following use of EmbryoGlue.
“We will now be using EmbryoGlue for all embryo transfers at no extra cost to our patients. Through the use of new, breakthrough products like this we hope to further increase our already consistent pregnancy rates across all age groups.”
ENDS December 2011
Notes to editors:
- Manchester Fertility (www.manchesterfertility.com), based in Manchester city centre, has over 25 years experience in treating all forms of infertility and is now one of the UK’s leading private infertility clinics
- Over 3,500 babies have been born to date thanks to the expertise of the team which includes embryologists, andrologists, urologists, consultants and counsellors, many of whom are leaders in their field
- Manchester Fertility treats all patients who need help to get pregnant, including single women and same-sex couples
- It has its own successful dedicated egg and sperm donor recruitment programme www.manchesterdonors.com – the clinic has no waiting lists for donor sperm and all donors are from the UK
- Treatments at Manchester Fertility include IVF, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), egg-sharing, egg-freezing, sperm-freezing, intrauterine insemination, treatment using donor eggs and guidance with surrogacy
- Success rate for IVF patients who had blastocyst transfer in 2010 was 50%
- In a recent patient satisfaction survey, 100% of patients felt they had been treated with dignity and respect during their treatment at Manchester Fertility
- Manchester Fertility’ consultants work with patients to decide the best treatment option in an open, honest and transparent way – patients will only ever receive the treatment best suited to them and their unique needs; all costs are communicated clearly to patients with no ‘hidden extras’
- Staff at the clinic are known for their personal, empathic approach and have a unique understanding of the ups and downs of fertility treatment thanks to years of experience in helping people overcome infertility
Last updated: 27th January 2020