Sterilisation - what treatment is best?

I was sterilized but have remarried. Both me and my husband have healthy children but would like one of our own. What treatment method would be best for us? Thank you

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 10 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

If you are under the age of 44 you have two possible treatment options available to you.  You could have IVF treatment or have a reversal of sterilisation.  I would advise you to seek advice from a fertility specialist who will go through you and your husband’s medical history so you can decide the best way to try to conceive.