What's the right test?

I'm 23 and I've been trying for a baby for 2 years now and still no luck and I don't have the slightest idea what's wrong because I've conceived before but I was only 2 weeks and that didn't stay. What's the best test for me to find out what's wrong?

Our Expert's Answer

This information was published 11 years, 9 months ago and was correct at the time of publication. It may not reflect our current practices or regulations.

Please note that all the answers we give are on a generic basis only, as we cannot provide more in-depth answers without access to your medical history. If you need a more detailed response, tailored to you, we would recommend a consultation with one of our Fertility Specialists for more comprehensive medical advice.

Firstly your partner should have a semen analysis if he has not already done this.  If your cycles are irregular then I would suggest that you test your day 21 progesterone, thyroid function and serum prolactin.  I would also recommend an HSG to test if your tubes are patent and have a chlamydia screen.