If you need a sperm donor to have a baby, you don’t have to resort to finding a donor on your own or through internet sites that claim to send sperm directly to you.
At Manchester Fertility we have one of the most successful regulated and licensed donor sperm banks in the UK. So what type of donors do we have, and what choices do you have?
All of our donors are altruistic men who have given up their time to help someone have a family. They have decided that they want to make a difference and have committed considerable time to donating sperm to us. Our donors range from professional men with children of their own, to single men who just want to help give the hope of a baby.
It is possible for you to specify certain criteria when choosing your sperm donor. You can request that they have specific physical characteristics, such as hair colour, height, and eye colour. You will be able to detail any other skills you wish them to have, such as interests or hobbies. You can also request specific ethnicity or cultural background.
We then look through our database of donors and select those which we feel match most closely to the information you’ve provided about your ideal donor. You then get to read more about the ones we have chosen, including details from the donor himself about why he decided to be a sperm donor. But you will not be given any information that would lead him to be identifiable to you.
Once you have chosen your sperm donor, you can then begin your treatment which is all done under the same roof at our clinic in Cheshire. You will either undergo intrauterine insemination (IUI)or a cycle of IVF using your donor’s sperm.
By choosing a Manchester Fertility sperm donor, you can be assured that:
- All donors are from the UK and are traceable – any child born can request to find out about their donor when they are 18 years old
- All donors are registered with the HFEA
- All donors have undergone and passed the strict health screening necessary to be accepted as a HFEA-registered donor, including testing for genetic issues and health problems which could affect you or any child born
- All sperm offered for your treatment has been kept under the strictest conditions in our laboratory in line with regulations
- You may be able to use the same donor at a later date to have a second child – subject to 10-family limit laws
So if you need to use donor sperm to have a baby, please get in touch with us today to start your journey. We have no waiting lists for treatment with donor sperm so you can start straight away.
Last updated: 20th January 2020