Egg-sharing is a way to get cheaper private IVF treatment in Manchester and Cheshire.
If you want IVF treatment at Manchester Fertility but can’t afford private IVF and are willing to donate some of your eggs to other infertile women, in return for donating your eggs you'll receive a cycle of IVF/ICSI with us at a subsidised rate.
Our egg-sharing programme helps both those who need IVF and women who need donor eggs.
We were one of the first IVF clinics in our region to offer an egg-sharing programme. Our considerable expertise, and our consistent success rates for both our egg-sharers and donor egg recipients, have made us a leading choice for women who wish to egg-share.
As an egg-sharer with Manchester Fertility, your egg-sharing package is one of the most comprehensive available to maximise your chances of success. We include treatment such as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) if it's needed, Blastocyst culture and EmbryoGlue within the cost of your subsidised cycle.
As an egg-sharer, your private IVF cycle with us costs you £1,000. This includes:
- All required drugs
- Egg collection procedure
- Preparation of sperm and insemination of eggs including ICSI
- Embryo culture including Blastocyst
- Embryo transfer using EmbryoGlue, to help your embryo adhere to your uterus after transfer
- Pregnancy scan or follow-up consultation
If you wish to take part in our egg-sharing programme, the same rules apply as if you didn’t need IVF and just wanted to donate eggs. You must be between the ages of 18 and 35, and you'll need to fulfil other criteria relating to your medical history. Full details of our egg donor criteria can be found here.
Egg-Sharing & Freezing – delaying your IVF cycle
Want to egg-share but not ready to go through IVF yet? You can now opt to freeze your share of your eggs.
An egg-sharing and freezing cycle costs £1,000. It includes all pre-treatment scans, drugs, the egg collection procedure and freezing for up to one year. You can choose to store your eggs with us for up to 10 years.
When you’re ready for treatment, your eggs will be thawed and fertilised with either your partner’s sperm, or a donor’s, through ICSI. There will be additional costs for this treatment – see our Prices for full details of costs and what’s included.
Success rates using thawed eggs depends on many different factors, including your age at the time of egg collection, how many eggs you have and their quality. We’ll be able to advise you whether freezing your share of your eggs is an option for you.
- You will be entitled to find out if any children have been born as a result of your donation, including the number of children, whether they are boys or girls and the year of their birth.
- Your donation is anonymous – you will never meet the women you are donating to.
- Any children born through your egg donation will be able to apply for potentially-identifying information about you when they turn 18 years old. This came into force in 2005 when the law was changed.
- You will receive full counselling from our team of trained counsellors at Manchester Fertility, who will discuss with you the full implications of being an egg donor.
Visit our dedicated egg donors website, www.manchesterdonors.com, where you’ll find full details about egg donation and its implications, including FAQs. Or you can fill out this form to apply to become an egg-sharer today.
Want to find out the cost of your fertility treatment?
Try our simple online Cost Calculator now
You might also be interested in…
You guys have made our family complete - we couldn't be happier.See more Karina & Charlie